fRoots Forum Index
fRoots
Come Write Me Down
This forum is provided by fRoots magazine for public discussion of world roots & folk music and related matters

fRoots Home Page     Login     Register     Profile     Messages     fRoots FAQ     Forum FAQ   Search    Member List  

Nick Keir RIP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    fRoots Forum Index -> Late Breaking News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Nick Keir RIP Reply with quote

Scottish singer songwriter and former McCalmans member Nick Keir passed away on Sunday 2nd June.

John Barrow passed on this email from Ian McCalman:

As I hope you know by now, my good friend and colleague, Nick Keir, died suddenly on Sunday, June 2nd.

As promised, here are the details of Nick Keir's funeral.
This is for information only and there is no expectation that everyone will manage along but, of course, it would be good to see as many as possible to say goodbye to Nick.

The funeral day is Monday 10th June.

I understand that there will be a brief family ceremony at Mortonhall Crematorium.
It may not be clear from announcements so far that this is for family, with only a few exceptions.

At 12.00 noon there will be a Memorial Service at St Peters Episcopal Church at Lutton Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9PE, (Newington area) followed by refreshments at the Church Hall.

At 2.30pm there will be "Nick's send-off" at The Queen's Hall bar (entrance via Box Office and others) in Clerk Street where we would like there to be as many laughs as tears.
The family has kindly put money "behind the bar" and we would ask that you bring your, voices, instruments and happy memories of Nick.

If you can forward this info to as many of your friends who know Nick as possible, I'd be grateful.
Ken Hunt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circle

Since it is not the easiest of newspapers to track down, due to distribution, the further south from Scotland you go, here is Nick Keir's obituary from The Scotsman.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-nick-keir-musician-60-1-2965297

Ken

PS Are obituaries in the newspaper version now without byline or is that only the internet version?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    fRoots Forum Index -> Late Breaking News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1